Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Italy pictures

Famous original Ponte Vecchio Bridge over the Arno river in Florence (only one that wasn't bombed in WWII)

Rape of the Sabine Women by Giambologna (1579) made out of one block of marble - he wanted to one up Michelangelo's David

Famous church in Orievto (the Pope's summer getaway church)

The ancient Rome Forum in Rome

One happy couple in the gondola in Venice - I actually cried on it...was so in awe that I finally made it to Italy
and got to ride in a gondola!

The Duomo Church in Florence - where Michelangelo is buried

One happy tourist on her first day in Venice...right off the plane.

Tuscany landscape....I want to move there!!!


The Coliseum in all it's ancient glory

I finally get to see the naked man, David....but geese George...a penis on my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment